Croucher ASI Workshop
Frontiers of AI Accelerators:
Technologies, Circuits and Applications
A high-level 4-day in-depth Workshop on “Frontiers of AI Accelerators: Technologies, Circuits and Applications” will be held in August 24-27, 2021. The challenge in AI hardware, is the need to have experts with multi-disciplinary knowledge in technology, IC design, system architecture and application development. This requires top expert worldwide to work together and learn from each other. Under such background, the Workshop with relevant topics systematically presented and in-depth coverage by international experts is needed.
The Workshop will include
- 7 in-depth lectures on various subjects with focus on AI accelerators
- 4 special topic workshops with 14 speakers covering cutting-edge technologies on AI, semiconductor and EDA
- Panel discussion on the frontier activities on AI accelerators with expert panels
- Reception for the presenters, panel members to interact with the participants
- A poster session for participants to present some of the activities on AI accelerators being pursued and seek comments from the experts
- A conclusion session performed by a panel to provide directions the approach to advance the subject matters and action items.
The purpose of the Workshop is to upgrade the knowledge of existing specialists to a wider spectrum in multi-disciplinary field of AI accelerators, provide an up-to-date information on the state-of-the-art technologies, hardware architectures and applications as well as connecting regional researchers to leading experts worldwide to have a dialog to co-explore activities in the field.
The Croucher Foundation is an independent private foundation to promote the standard of natural sciences, technology and medicine in Hong Kong.
An Advanced Study Institute (ASI) is a high-level teaching activity where a carefully defined subject, systematically presented, is treated in depth by lecturers of international standing, and new advances in a subject, not taught elsewhere, are reported in tutorial form. ASIs, as short courses, contribute to the dissemination of knowledge and the formation of international scientific contacts. The teaching in ASIs is aimed at established scientists with substantial scientific background in the topic being proposed.